Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Linopot


see, i told u i feel to blog [ every minute! ]
found this picture in my collection, and hehe i'd love to share it with u all ;)

that's my youngest bro and my dad last Christmas while we're on our way to balik kg kota marudu. This surely was my mum's idea! She needs these leaves to made a "Linopot".
As far as i know, "Linopot" is one of traditional food for Dusun People [ including me ], Linopot is name after Dusun's language which means " packing " [ dibungkus ] and known as compressed rice packed in leaves.
The nenek moyang generation believes the name came from a story ;
long2 time ago, when they buka tanah , they found this tree with all of its leaves macam kena bungkus. [ Linopot ] and they name the village after it. maka, terjadila itu nasi linopot. hehe I only knew very few of this story. [ shame on me -_- ] and if anyone of you would like to tell me more, u r welcome-welcome!! hehe
my mum always made Nasi Ayam Linopot, sometimes with Ikan Masin. Other Time, she mixed the rice with Ubi Manis, [ even taste better! ] and she made this Ubi Linopot. No other mixing, just Ubi. semua sedap!! hehe

*tudubangat*

cheers guys!!

5 comments:

Mama Mia said...

makanan yg kana lopot wangi bah..tu la tahap kesedapan dia pun bertambah...hihi...

Belle Edwin said...

tudu bangat...heheh -_-'

FL Feinier said...

iya.. sya pun suka jg yg nasi kena linopot ni..cuma saja, daun mesti cuci bersih2 ar..skrg byk habuk.. hehe...

Anyway, best lah ko post ni p blog.. unik.. Ko dusun bah kan? ko dusun dari USA kah ni, ada campur2 english uda pula.. ahahaha..gurau ja ar..apa yg sya mo cakap ialah, ini lah budaya unik kita org dusun..

Unknown said...

My mum always packed for me to schools..long2 time agop..I still can remember the taste and 'kewangiannya' tu hehehehe..

Ian Ashley said...

Siok oh kan ko dpt rasa nasi ayam linopot.klu sia selalu yg nda ada rasa punya.makan begitu saja.nda apa janji ada.tp muka ricky paling manang haha.